Thursday, August 13, 2009

In the beginning.

In the beginning ( i.e. the beginning days of my blogging) I couldn't figure out what I really wanted to blog about. What on earth could I write about that would be remotely interesting? So with some encouragement from fam I focused on my crafts, daily life of changes of moving, setting up household etc. Occasionally I would post some meaningful personal life's lesson or encouragement- but honestly it pretty much felt flat. It was hard to really express myself out there in this new public form of journalling. I still kept up my personal journal...and trust me I would NEVER put those thoughts out here in the land of blogs- who knows who would use these words against me?

So what has changed? Perhaps it was Julia and Julie movie that I watched with my oldest Granddaughter - encouraging me to be who I am in this season of my life. I think more accurately it could be said that I have been mulling over this for a while- how to spend my days? doing what? how can share with family and friends what daily life has been in this Autumn season of life- with me drinking my tea on the back porch (aka the deck) And how to do this with a positive spin (to replicate someone I love who only talks about the positive on her blog) I still want to share my life of doing what I love in my sewing/craft studio. I love sharing my thoughts as I decorate this home in what I have finally found to be me. But I also would LOVE to share some of these daily moments of living with my retired husband- and how these moments have lifted me, and warmed me. I would love to relate the smiles, and sense of contentment that goes along with our daily efforts to blend this life of two people who spent over a quarter of a century living together on separate paths. It has certainly has ups and downs, but these days are full of joy not unlike the smile upon my soul when I walk in those country mountain paths breathing in the earthy fresh air of the forest.

Its been difficult to share some of this verbally- primarily because everyone is soooo busy these days- so much calls for our attention, demands our time, our minutes... steals from those quiet moments that we,(woman) need! To sit and chat- with other women, older or younger- Just to share life- to gain some encouragment, or to be an encouragement to others.

So today is a new beginning. An inner challenge to start sharing some of these moments- in the written word on this blog, where you the reader will be able to read on your own timetable and hopefully, prayerfully, you might find in my words a glimmer of hope, a whisper of wisdom, a smidgen of truth buried between the lines, which will make your today or your tomorrows a little brighter.

Stop by again, have some tea, and sit with me on my porch.

2 comments:

andrea said...

i can't wait to read more!!

Keila said...

I am actually having a cup of coffee as I read already!