Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making some purses

okay I 've had a few hours in my sewing room and I have made 2 purses, and have 2 more cut out! The first one HAD to be the one I have intended to make for about 10 months now. I found the fabric in Virginia, and planned on making it for someone who made a nice comment about the bag I had made for Keila. (and it was in my heart to make this one)
That aside, I got a little creative and put three fabrics together ..Andrea told me it looks like shabby chic, Dee said Victorian... me ? I just liked it. I quilted all the outside pieces before putting these little treasures together. The Green one was the first one...it is regular size... about 6inches across when sides are folded. the Larger three fabric one is 8 inches across with the sides folded in... and about 12 with all open.
It was fun, and I enjoy doing it...now to get a stash to sell, so I can make a little money on the side, to buy more fabric, etc.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

LOVE the green bag--and I think the middle one does look victorian.
I'm in the market for a new bag...Anybody have dibs on the pink and brown one?