Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Things I am learning and/or remembering

  • In a house with a baby, who is toddling- toilet paper that rolls to the outside is an invitation to have fun.
  • People still surprise me: both good and not so good,( though the reasons are best kept to myself)
  • Peek a boo never grows old
  • Toys picked up while child is resting become new when they awake
  • Babies learning to walk like to have an environment they can walk around..object to object (If it isn't there naturally they will gravitate around the room perimeter and there in lies all those wires and stuff..those NO's)
  • you can't say "I love you" enough
  • I love you's need to be said and, there should be some demonstation too
  • Everyone needs to feel loved, important, needed and praised!
  • We don't need to say everything that we are thinking
  • Playing as a child is liberating
  • breakfast is good morning, noon and night!
  • once you've tasted the REAL stuff, those prepared meals in a jar are disgusting!
  • An air mattress really can be comfortable with the air leaking out, if only you can find the middle and it envelopes you
  • Leaving a faucet pushed back out of the way and (oops) left on with a tiny little stream on can do quite a bit of flooding in 45min
  • My family rules are not necessarily someone else's
  • small accomplishments are to be praised
  • Babies are squishy, and give really wet kisses- on your lips or your toes!!
  • God is Good! He is Alive! and He is Working in ways that are not my ways!
  • OH Yes! If you are sleeping in a room 10month baby be prepared for the excitement everytime her eyes open and she sees you lying on the bed next to her (and I am not foolish enough to think that bringing her over to me will allow me a few extra minutes of sleep)

1 comment:

andrea said...

blog more more more!! :) We can't wait to have you again!