Sunday, August 16, 2009

The times were changing

(still in history mode-)
In those early days I realized that it would have been easy to live in the land of yester-years- where offense and lack of relationship built walls of defense. The protection of my heart truly wanted to stay in the safe area.
The good news is that during all those same years God had been working on my heart, and the principles of emotional health, and hearts' freedom were seared in my soul and spirit. My deceitful heart wanted to hide, but Wisdom whispered to forgive, move forward, listen and learn.

So my adventure began- little by little day by day I allowed LOVE work its miracle power. My husband became attentive to all my needs when I came home... he served me dinner EVERY single night. If I wanted a drink of water- he told me to sit...and he would get it. I won't tell you it was all rosy, or that the food was great- it definitely wasn't. He had taken over the grocery shopping, and chose to purchase prepared food items for dinner. He also was clueless as to portion sizes!
But.... he served me- this man was treating me with honor- and of course still making silly comments, or doing silly things that would make me laugh- and I was learning- learning to enjoy my time with him, learning to laugh, and learning to relax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring this with you...
Love,
Ter