Thursday, August 28, 2008

mid night thoughts

2 weeks post total knee,,,and still trying to plan my own recovery... I really would like to think that I can sleep for longer than 2-3 hours , and that I won't need as much pain med as yesterday..only to be kept awake and in pain looking for the four hour mark to arrive,,, in the middle of the night...and need I tell you that time does move slowly as you watch the clock.? I thought I had done rather nicely by increasing the Tylenol and decreasing the hydrocodone amount during the day...I did do fine until evening, and then it has been catch up ever since. position changes, exercises, ice, heat, ice, ice ice...and to no avail... so up I get at 145am awaiting the 4 am pill time.. at least it gives me real quiet time... and daily reflections, scripture readings etc

Shall I ever learn? one can only pray that I learn to rest and trust in the one who IS in control... and stop trying to take the reins .... that EVERY area of my life is concern to HIM.... breathe, breathe, breathe... every area of my life has a path designed by HIM...every area...every area!

Well thanks for stopping by... On a positive note-I have dragged out fabric, and downloaded patterns, and pictures that stimulate my creative juices to make some extra baby gifts..or gifts for the mommies. And of course I ordered some fabric..... I also realized the night before surgery that I could not complete what I intended so I sent two baby blankets to my wonderful sister Mary Ellen... to quilt for me during this season of post op healing,,, then she will return so I can complete them before andrea's baby makes her arrival

No pictures- didn't feel you really wanted to see this foot long stapled incision ... gggg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, you are definitely making the best out of your sitting position. It's weird that our difficulties can often produce the ripest fruit! I am so blessed to have a creative lady as yourself in my life. I hope to be able to do some of those things you just whip up someday...
Btw, did you want to go out some time? A piece of furniture for dad?

Anonymous said...

oh - i hate the long nights. the next time your up late, look at the moon and i'm probably looking at it too ... sleep is just not mutual friend these days :)

but, just like dee said, you are definitely making the best of your situation!! and we are all so grateful for the handiwork!!!