Tuesday, August 12, 2008

standing out in a crowd


Hannah giggled at me the other day, because I had two seemingly boring pictures on my camera. I had taken pictures of a local cornfield ...why? because every day when I drove by it on my way home I was mesmerized by a handful of stalks that stood above the rest. From this angle it isn't very impressing, but the message was still the same.. and it was a challenge to my spirit
"are you - who are being observed from all angles, by many passing by... are you being seen as standing above the rest? Are you being all HE intends you to be and are you seen as standing above the rest?"
obviously there are many areas that I was, and am convicted of settling for being part of the crowd, but I am truly amazed that He can take the normal boring things in life, and whisper a word of a heavenly perspective.... and reminds me that He is always there, and He cares.
thanks for listening!

No comments: