Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Seasons

I think I chose my blog name, because I love the autumn- just this week the air had a whiff of autumn and my heart sang- and it surprised me... how could I forget how much I love the coolness of the air, the crunch of leaves under my feet, and the spectacular beauty of the hills around me... ? one just has to look at my fabric stash and glance at my 'browns' to see that I am inclined to buy the colors that sing 'autumn is in the air' I have to force myself to buy the chocolate browns...I Love the chocolate browns...but when I am out there looking at these huge selections of colors I forget what I came in for...and the autumn colors draw me in...so I get just a wee bit for that 'quilt' I am going to make someday , for someone. Lately I have made some purchases on line...which is probably good for me- perhaps I buy less? (ha) anyway with a promise and a vision to make a quilt for my second child and spouse... i HAVE to look at the chocolate fbric to buy ( along with those of teal blue) alas, I also was looking at fabric to make some baby quilts... 4 additional grandbabies this year! and 3 hopefully will be getting a quilt made especially for them.... and in my effort to buy 'alittle' fabric to have on hand for when I create these... I found I bought one or two of the 'fall' color collections... I have a problem!!!
Hummmm maybe its because I woke up one morning and realized that my spring and summer have slowly retreated to my past, and I am alive with this wonderful autumn season! I am thankful that in the natural there is still fruit to be picked, banquets to be had, harvest to be gleaned, and things to be planted. The leaves may change color a bit, but they aren't yet dead... and they can sing in the breeze as the autumn winds blow....ummmm... a cup of tea, and sitting on the porch.... brings a smile to my face

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and right Mom. I hope you are blessed by lots of harvest! And your quilts are a treasure. Thank you for the time and legacy you are leaving with us all.

Anonymous said...

autumn ...the season i love the most and miss the most. i can't wait to see all of your inspired creations!