Sunday, August 3, 2008

Settling in















After 4 months we are finally settling in a bit more... the last being where my sewing area is going to be set up, so I can not only access it easily but so it is inspirational, and pleasing to the eye...both for me and for Bruce. I also have come to accept that I like red, and so in setting up my area, I tended to bring the thread of red throughout each area.


Our bedroom is quite large, 14x14? and moving things around a bit have opened a bit more room. I needed to be a little creative in storing items both for the sewing area, as well as our normal other bedroom items, suitcases and the like. So I went to the second hand store found a microwave cart and another wall shelf unit for under $10 , and painted them white...I added the cabinet that was I inherited when I moved here (broken door and all) and found that it fit nicely onto my new white cart. The shelf unit was of similar design to another wall shelf, and the white suited it better than the unfinished pine look that it had. I also painted white the multi drawer /and shelf unit that I had inherited from one of my children...and brought them together. It took me the last couple of weeks to finally put away all the small stuff, take the fabric out of the plastic clear boxes- I need the visual to be inspired...this is the final result.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom this is really beautiful!I am so happy for you! I REALLY want to get over there and have a look for myself. One of these days, when you are there, and I have to get the mail (a combo) I will. Call me if you need help with placing your extras around your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love what you're doing. I wish i could see it in person! You are being very creative with your creative space!!!

Keep posting pics about creative organization ... it's helpful!

Maureen said...

Wow, that really looks great. It would inspire even a sewing dummy like me to sew! Welcome to blogger~