Monday, July 20, 2009

My days


My days certainly aren't what I pictured they would be. A friend emailed me last night and said "If I only knew that retirement would be so hectic! I'd like things to slow down somewhat!" That pretty much sums it up.
My better half has really gotten into Barbequing! and it has been delicious...but I dread the discussions at 1030pm about WHAT we are going to eat the next evening.
On a more personal note I did get to visit my aunt yesterday- what an encouragement to see her- she hates to be inactive, and makes sure she takes her walks daily! Her height has decreased over the years, and now Abby comes up almost to her shoulder! wished we had a camera!

This past weekend I was able to accomplish some long awaited projects- I put curtains on my kitchen windows. Took the valance that was originally on the window, and made it into more of a swag, and after sewing up the side seams, I hung my lace curtains. Also traded out the white shelves on wheels for a black shelf unit without wheels...I like it better

1 comment:

andrea said...

I really love the curtain changes... it's so pretty and you! the lace thing was a really good idea.. can't wait for you to show me tips and tricks! and apparently, according to dad, how to sew :)