Tuesday, July 7, 2009

whispers of love

I hear in the background tears and my heart tugs with love
"Hey little pumpkin pie"- I say quietly.. "its going to be alright!
I love YOU! I miss you...give me a little kiss? "and nothing but silence whisper back in the phone... and then softly she giggles... and I know
SHE REMEMBERS! so very important for this ole heart of mine, she remembers the whispers, maybe kisses and hugs..but probably its the silly crazy things I did to liven up the day!

Life goes on to the end of the day, but soon my heart is torn in another deep way
I want to say- this is it! there will be no more pain! but my heart knows the truth, and I can only speak His Name.
I'd love to make it simple.. do this or do that...but I know a heartbreak intimately and it just needs to play each day out
He does come and move tenderly to bind up the broken wounded heart - but that doesn't mean its easy- I know that it is not
So though there will be mountains, and laughter and joy- I won't lie and say its tomorrow
Life's journey holds some valleys, some tears, and strong storms
I hope that you find some bridges, some help along the way
the journey is a lonely one, and we can only help by being here for you..what ever that means in your today
Does it help to say "He's Faithful!" for truth I know it is!
I hope you continue to call, when you need a shoulder or a friend to speak
Someday...SOMEDAY... we'll be reminiscing over these days so distant past
Someday you will know healing...and the scars won't even be seen
Someday I will whisper ... "today is now morning, and the night has since passed!"
Someday you will smile... and you will be whole...and saying to others
"This too shall pass"