Friday, May 15, 2009

Making all things new

Morning finds me smiling , eager to start the day. I dwell in an old, new surroundings dressed up to look like me, and I am content. Here is a peek at my 'new' kitchen.
Looking in from the front door is my tea area, tins and little box holding my daily drink packets, framed by a tray purchased on ebay, and crowned with my 25 cent at a garage sale -wire baskets (finally something to hold those onions and fruit buys) This picture is looking from the entrance way.. loving my flea market hutch- layered with old pictures, precious silver and pewter, roses painted on china and tin, colors of red, pinks and yellows- ebay , garage sales, flea markets, and from my mom's once held dearly collections- now mine to hold and smile with memories
Over my table is my new little tea set... well old, but new to me... I will take closer pictures another day- this 14 piece set (sugar and creamer on hutch) lost two of its family in the shipping from Texas, and has shown itself to be difficult to find replacements- is from Poland, and has the lovliest burgundy rose buds, and all the edges are kissed with gold... it just makes me smile
and can I forget the Lilacs from the little lilac bush I got for my birthday or mothers day 6? -9? years ago... what a little beauty it is today...and little hands now help me pick these sweet blossoms..hummm
2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

2 comments:

Keila said...

I REALLY love it, Mom! Now I have to hurry and catch up since I´ve been on this side longer and you´ve already managed to make it look so cozy! You´ve inspired me to work on my home more!

Maureen said...

Wow! That's beautiful and cozy and full of personality. I love it. I envy those with the ability to take a space and make it theirs...still not sure how to do that after all these years in my own home.