Monday, April 20, 2009

Bonding time

Living 1800 miles away does not make for getting to know grandparents (come to think of it, neither does 200miles) . Madeleine never met her grampa, and goodness knows she doesn't remember Maama from her time of being born..so Bruce and I got to spend some time with Maddie today. (Jer had a couple of doctor appointments so we got to baby sit) I soon realized that I haven't really taken care of JUST a baby in a long time! and when there is only one- I actually don't get cranky- tired yes- but cranky , no. Anyway, after they left I got to feed her
( she really was smiling over this)

Then gave her a bottle and she dozed for a short time, when she got up she was very wet so i gave her a bath ...brought the baby tub to the kitchen sink, since there was no way I could kneel and give her a bath in the bathroom tub!
After bath, and after two changes of clothing we had some time on the couch- maama acting silly, peekaboo, silly sounds ...you know things one does behind closed doors...and then I thought of the camera! so here is a good giggle shot





4 comments:

andrea said...

so glad you had so much fun with her today!! i know we were able to get A LOT done.

however do you not remember the week after christmas where maddie hacked out her lungs in your apartment? she met dad then! not quite as sweet as now, but it counts :) maybe you are losing your mind afterall...

once again, i'm SO glad you're here :)

dee said...

Awesome Mom! Enjoy your time with your Texan family.

PS You might want to reconsider having that slideshow on your blog...I'm pretty sure you didn't pick the almost naked backsides that were showing up!

Adrienne said...

oh my... I will remove the slide show, it was supposed to be picturesque scenes...
and yes i have officially lost my mind Andrea...

Keila said...

Nice, Mom! Have fun! And if you really need it, I can go through your things here to see if you left your mind in one of your drawers here... ;o)