Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Each feather is important

Matt 6:26- Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.


Every morning I look out our window to watch the birds that have found Dad's birdfeeder! (a gift from his oldest daughter)(we are helping God in the feeding part)
At first I couldn't see it, but my thoughtful husband took the feeder from the ground hanger, and put it on the porch railing, moved the table with umbrella, and took out screen so I could get a view while at kitchen sink.

At first there were only sparrows, and gold finches
and then came the woodpeckers... these are the smaller of the two kinds (and the other was NOT the piliated)

now for the past few days we have had purple finches
there were actually three of the these finches fighting off the other birds this morning!
the pictures aren't the best quality due to my picture taking through the dirty window...and shy birds...like this one...peeking back at me with my camera! but her is some more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those woodpeckers and the purple finches are impressive to see up close! makes me want a birdfeeder for our backyard..

thanks for posting this! i'm sure they're good daily distractions in the middle of winter for you :)

Anonymous said...

So nice. Don't these little birds make such fine winter company? I love my little guys up here.